THE WILLIS ORGAN AT BLENHEIM PALACE, WOODSTOCK, OXON

 

In 1891 the 9th Duke of Marlborough commissioned Father Henry Willis to construct an organ suitable for the Long Library at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.   

The 4-manual instrument is very much in its original condition,  and the following pages descibe some of the history and construction facts     

 

Blenheimlogo.jpg (15787 bytes)

 

(c) Andrew Patterson, 2009